Great wall trekking
- Booking info
- Request a private or open tour
Great Wall Trek from the Jiankou West Great Wall to Echoing Lake (2 days)
A diverse 15 km Great Wall trek on the partly restored middle Jiankou and the overgrown but well preserved Jiankou West Great Wall. It’s a fantastic trek where we climb on and trough numerous watchtowers. The views from this rugged Great Wall are excellent and the photo opportunities endless. This Great Wall trek ends with a visit to an old cliff side Buddhist temple.
Trip and booking information
What to bring – Booking and Payment info
Discounts – What’s included – What’s not included –
Cancelation policy – Meeting point maps
What you should bring:
Comfortable hiking or sport shoes and long trousers are recommended.
A small daypack to carry water
Your camera & your favorite drink for during/after dinner
From October till April: warm clothes for during the evening.
From May till September: bring sun lotion & hat
Booking and Payment
You can reserve your place for the trip by clicking on “join this trip” and filling out our online booking form.
You will receive an automatic reply with an overview of your reservation and a link to PayPal.
You can click on the PayPal link and follow the instructions to make your online payment.
If you live in China and you wish to pay online in CNY you can do that trough Wchat. Our Wchat account is hikingchina
Kids younger than 18 receive 10% discount.
Members receive 20% discount.
Kids younger than 7 receive 50% discount.
Included in the price:
English speaking guide
Food (lunch, dinner, breakfast) & water
Transport, guide, entrance tickets
Overnight stay at a farmhouse
You need to have travel insurance when you engage in our activities. Organizing this insurance from your own country is the best choice as China has different rules.
If you don’t have any insurance yet you can request a quote from our insurance partner Worldnomads
Cancelation made by the participant more than 1 week before the trip will entitle the participant 100% refund.
In case of cancelation by the participant 7 days or less before the trip there is no refund but you can reschedule your trip to another date.
If a trip gets canceled due to unforeseen circumstances (very bad weather, closed trails, heavy pollution, not enough people signed up for a trip or other acts of god) you will of course get a 100% refund.
Meeting point maps
- JianKou west Great wall Summer
- JianKou west Great wall Fall
- JianKou west Great wall Winter
- Camping on Jiankou great wall is something special. Special because the hike up the highest watch tower is only 6km but in that 6 km we our ascend is about 800m so this means … steep climbing. The hike is amazing though. Starting from a small village the hike goes over a picturesque path that lay under the shadow of some big trees. The end of the this road means the beginning of the climb. A little dirt trail curled up the mountain end led us to the famous Jiankou great wall. This west part of the Jiankou great wall is quit unknown for most people and that is off course why we like it. Once on the great wall we walked on small ledges, climbed steep staircases using all four or and more than once in while sat down to watch the breathtaking scenery. At the highest point of this part of Jiankou we turned the roof of a watchtower into our 4star room with a view camping spot, made a small bba and roasted our duck, potatoes and mushrooms. A bit of wine and a sip of bagio finished it off…. and off we went to sleep after a good days of exercise. Next day we brought or strength back up with sausagge bread an bacon and set of for a steep descend trough the forest. Clinging on rocks, plants and trees we climbed down till we reached an ancient Buddha cave with a magical tree in front of the entrance. From there a nicely paved staircase lead us to the valley where our driver was waiting for us. It was once more a “great” great wall camping adventure.
Are you planning far ahead but your favorite trip is not on our schedule at the time you’re coming to China? Are you an indepentdant traveler that wants to keep the costs as low as possible? Just let us know your favorite trip and starting date at least 6 weeks in advance and we will add your trip to our hiking agenda. As soon as we have 6 people joining the trip we are good to go!
Private tour prices for West Jiankou to Echoing Lake Great Wall Trekking 2 Days
Prices are per person and include:
Pick up and drop of by private bus at your hotel ( Please let us know the pick up address)
English speaking guide, entrance tickets, hiking sticks
All meals as described in the itinerary and water for during the hike
Overnight stay in the farmhouse
|Group size||price per person in CNY||Price per person in USD|
|Nr of people||Adults||kids < 18||Adults||kids < 18|
|4||2000 ¥||1800 ¥||331 $||298 $|
|5||1800 ¥||1620 ¥||298 $||268 $|
|6||1700 ¥||1530 ¥||282 $||253 $|
|7||1650 ¥||1485 ¥||273 $||246 $|
|8||1600 ¥||1440 ¥||265 $||239 $|
|9||1550 ¥||1395 ¥||257 $||231 $|
|10||1500 ¥||1350 ¥||249 $||224 $|
|15+||please contact us for larger group prices|
Are you planning far ahead but your favorite trip is not on our schedule at the time you’re coming to China?
Are you an independent traveler that wants to keep the costs as low as possible?
Just let us know your favorite trip and starting date at least 6 weeks in advance and we will add your trip to our hiking agenda.
As soon as we have 6 people joining the trip we are good to go!
Private tours are great ways to travel if you have a group of friends, family or colleagues ready to explore nature together.
Also for school trips or company team building activities, a private tour is the way to go.
We have experience guiding trips with up to 60 people from international schools and companies.
Price for private tours will vary depending on the number of people, the chosen transportation and accommodation.
Let us know your desires and we will customize a trip for you.